If there’s one activity to do while in Hawaii, this Honolulu snorkel tour is it! Just outside the hustle and bustle of Waikiki lies a place turtles call home.
Hanauma Bay Guided Snorkel Tour
Duration: 2 hours total (1 hour of snorkel time)
Availability: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 7:15am and 10am
(Hanauma Bay has raised their entrance fee to $25 a person and IS INCLUDED in the tour price!
Semi private, small group tour. Maximum 5 people. Beginners and first timer friendly! ALL guests must have basic swimming skills.
Skip the long lines!
Top Marine Preserve and best attraction in Honolulu
Named best beach in America and Best Snorkeling in Hawaii many years running.
One of the few companies on the island permitted to offer Fully Guided Oahu Snorkel Tours in Hanauma Bay.
- Children and Adults $79-$99 INCLUDES Hanauma Bay entrance fee and tickets
Snorkel Tour of Hanauma Bay Highlights
PLEASE NOTE: Hanauma Bay has raised the entrance price to $25 a person and IS included in the tour price! Tour includes your guaranteed entrance to the bay with us.
- Experienced guides will help you see the 400 species of marine life including many honu (green sea turtles), Hawaiian reef fish and the elusive Hawaiian Monk Seals
- No gear required! We bring the gear, the expert snorkel instructors, and underwater cameras.
- Great for first timers and beginners as well as experienced snorkelers. To be fair to all guests…All guests must have basic swimming skills. If anyone in your group is a non swimmer you must book a private tour…meaning you would need to book out ALL 5 spaces on the tour time regardless of how many people are in your group. Otherwise non swimmers will not be able to join the tour. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Snorkel lesson included
- 1 hour of guided snorkel time
- Guides will show you the best parts to snorkel at Hanauma Bay and are with you in the water the whole time!
- Please note: Transport to and from the bay is NOT included.
Discover Hanauma Bay on a fully GUIDED snorkeling tour of this unique nature preserve. One of the best snorkeling destinations in Honolulu, Hawaii. Home to hundreds of marine life this tour is a MUST DO! Local and experienced guides will help you navigate the waters, point out the ecological treasures of Hanauma Bay and identify the Hawaiin reef fish that call this bay home. We will also document your experience with underwater photos (for purchase) as you explore the reefs. As one of the few companies permitted to offer fully guided snorkel tours you will be able to skip the lines and be outfitted with high-quality snorkel gear, and your guide will take you to the best parts of the bay, which will make this experience truly amazing.
We bring the gear, the expert snorkel instructors, and underwater cameras so all you need to bring is your desire for a fantastic Hawaiian adventure. When you choose an Oahu snorkeling tour with Pure Aloha Adventures, you are not only choosing a great snorkeling experience in Hawaii, but are also choosing to hire a team of experienced guides who get you away from the crowds so you can experience the best parts of the bay with your trained professional. PRO TIP: Book the 7:15 time slot to avoid the crowds!
Here are some of the most common fish species you might encounter while snorkeling at Hanauma Bay:
- Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles: These gentle giants are a common sight in Hanauma Bay, and snorkelers can get up close and personal with them. Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles are an endangered species, so it’s important to give them plenty of space and not touch them.
- Parrotfish: The bright, colorful parrotfish are a treat for the eyes. These fish are known for their beak-like mouth and are often found grazing on coral reefs.
- Humuhumunukunukuapua’a: This unique fish has a name that’s almost as impressive as its appearance. The humuhumunukunukuapua’a is the state fish of Hawaii and is recognizable by its striking blue and yellow pattern.
- Moorish Idol: This striking fish is known for its long, narrow body and distinctive black and white stripes. Moorish idols are often found swimming in pairs.
- Butterflyfish: There are several species of butterflyfish found in Hanauma Bay, all with brightly colored patterns and long, pointed snouts. They get their name from their fluttering movements, which resemble the wings of a butterfly.
- Surgeonfish: These fish are easily recognizable by their sharp, scalpel-like blades on their sides. Surgeonfish come in a variety of colors, including blue, yellow, and green.
These are just a few of the many fish species you might see while snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. Remember, when snorkeling, it’s important to respect the marine life and their habitat. Keep a safe distance from the animals, don’t touch anything, and avoid standing on the coral. With a little bit of caution and respect, you can enjoy a magical experience in one of Hawaii’s most beautiful spots.
Please visit our FAQ page for more information and don’t forget to read your confirmation email! Meeting location and directions are in there. Transportation to and from the bay is NOT included. Guests must arrive to the bay on their own. Please do not go to our online address, meeting place is Hanauma Bay and directions and link to Google Maps are included in your confirmation email. Please read throughly immediately after booking.
Don’t forget to help save our precious reefs and purchase our chemical-free, reef safe sunscreen, which will keep you protected and not burn your eyes! Sunscreen can be added when checking out.